Factory Reset for POs??

Hi to all,

Is there any way (key combos etc) to reset the patterns in PO-16 to their initial states?

Thanks,
Sekizbitli

Yes. Be good to know that I can recover once I've messed up all 16 patterns with my "genius".

Sadly it is not possible…

Huh wow. I sorta expected removing the batteries would do the job. Do they keep your patterns after you do that?

^ Yes, the patterns are stored to flash, but it is not clear to me when exactly that happens…

so the patterns you create are saved even when u change the batteries? cuz that didn't happen to me the other night.

^ They certainly are stored to flash, although it is not clear when exactly that happens… I say that because writing to flash is very disruptive, the code needs to stop and wait for the operation to finish, so it is unlikely that it happens at every small change… maybe when you select a different pattern or stop the sequencer? Need to do some experimenting there.

ahh okay, thanks dude! thats good to know. i will experiment too.

i had just gotten it, and sometimes when i was pressing down a lil too hard w/ the stand out, one of the batterys popped out just enough to make it glitch out and reset (had to reset the clock everytime). and the default patterns were restored.

i wonder if maybe its when the PO auto powers off?

i'm really glad that my patterns are stored tho! was planning on using it live for little interludes and stuff.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but in case anyone else finds this while googling.

Yes you can, at least on a PO-28, Hold write + pattern while installing batteries.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but in case anyone else finds this while googling.

Yes you can, at least on a PO-28, Hold write + pattern while installing batteries.

You can use this method for all of the 20 series and the newest 10 series:

factory reset
hold pattern + write while inserting batteries to restore the unit to factory default.

note: If you have an older software revision this reset functionality is not implemented.

I have the exact opposite problem. The patterns I created won’t save and every time i pull the batteries out all of the factory presets are restored. I some how manage to save one of my patters but I have no idea how.

Hi - I was doing the factory reset per the manual at TE site - following behavior

1. Performed reset - factory patches reverted to successfully.
2. Clock however defaulted to 00:00
3. Pulled out battery to perform clock reset
4. This brought back my user patches. (argggh)

Solution

Perform reset and confirm that factory patches are back
Let the unit power down on it’s own.
Then perform clock reset

This worked for me on my 12 and 14.

F