Opening for DJ Prime Cuts this Sat in London

First proper gig since I moved to London happening this Saturday at the
Silver Bullet in Finsbury park as support act for DJ Prime Cuts from the
Scratch Perverts.

Absolutely stocked to share the stage with these guys, among others. I’m Le Filou on the bill, and I’ll rock my beats on the SP404sx with my mate on scratches. I was thinking about hooking up the OP-1 to the SP’s input for extra live bits but I feel more confident focusing on one machine for now :slight_smile:

Come check us out if you’re around!!
Cheers!

Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1057398720940594/
Tickets: http://skdl.it/1PCSAN3

That’s awesome!
Scratch Perverts - man that’s a blast from the past - used to go see them a lot back in art college days 15-18 years ago! Didn’t even realise those guys were still going.

Did you know you can use the OP-1 microphone for “scratch” style effects?
Mind you, it’s not going to work in a noisey venue/gig surroundings.

I still have my ‘architects of the great’ tape together with Vadim from '98. Will be fun for you!

That’s pretty exciting @lefilou! Hope you enjoy it and good luck with your set.

Take the OP-1 along, get some photos/vids of it in use.

See if you can get any of the other guys playing with it in pics or videos and Teenage Engineering will give you love in their social media which will in turn bring you more attention.

Nice one thanks guys.

That’s awesome!
Scratch Perverts - man that’s a blast from the past - used to go see them a lot back in art college days 15-18 years ago! Didn’t even realise those guys were still going.

Did you know you can use the OP-1 microphone for “scratch” style effects?
Mind you, it’s not going to work in a noisey venue/gig surroundings.

To be honest, 15-18 years ago I was 200% into
trash metal and living in France so I missed the whole thing. I’m
nonetheless super happy to share the bill and maybe have a chat!

It’s quite a change since I’m more used to play my
beats in places where people come for a drink, like pubs and bars and don’t pay attention to details. This
time it’s a proper concert venue so I spent this whole week working on
my transitions between beats. Can’t have weak transitions! Pressure is great for practice.

Thanks for the scratch tips with the OP but my mate doing the scratch n cuts (who luckily is also my next door neighbour) would be quite gutted if I told him, nah that’s ok, don’t need you I got the OP1 :slight_smile:

Take the OP-1 along, get some photos/vids of it in use.
See if you can get any of the other guys playing with it in pics or videos and Teenage Engineering will give you love in their social media which will in turn bring you more attention.

Very good point. I could always use it to play oneshots here and there, bring the gopro, Zoom H2 and take it from there :slight_smile:

Update from the gig. Went really well, place was packed. Great acts altogether. Prime Cuts def kicked serious ass.
Forgot to take the OP-1, found and awesome spot to put the GoPro on but for some reason the filming stopped 20 secs later (just long enough for me to see what a great angle I had) :frowning: and for the audio, I placed the Zoom h2 recorder where they usually put their video projector which means that there was quite a distance from the stage resulting in hearing the crowd loads. Can’t get much more “live” than that :slight_smile:

Too bad, but this always happens, when youre not doing a recording test. Had that too! But seemed to be a cool gig for you!!