Virtual Flannel OP-1 Boiler Room Live Set....

Hey fam! So glad to have a replacement forum! Just thought I would re-post this, as the forum died before some people may have seen it! Did a Boiler Room set for Dirty Tapes in New York. OP-1, Octatrack and Biscuit fun! Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v3gRJnuTWM

Fresh man! What’s the piece next to your Duet?

Is Boiler room always at a different spot in NYC?

Key @Kites ! So Boiler Room started in London, and they actually do shoes all over the world. They are always live streamed to the world from private shows. That is the Oto Machines Biscuit next to the Duet!

I really liked that, chill and grooving, some nice vibes through out. One of the better live sets I’ve seen in awhile.

@Virtual_Flannel interesting I thought the boiler room was from berlin

I really liked that, chill and grooving, some nice vibes through out. One of the better live sets I’ve seen in awhile.

Thanks so much fam. Really appreciate all the positive feedback! @dimi3 had to break out the wikipedia for that one. Been watching Boiler Room for a while, but had to find out more since I was going to be a part of one! @Tarekith thanks for those Octa transition Demos!! They opened the portal to OP-1 Live performance for me!!

Glad they were useful!

Ya I need to meet the LA Boiling Room peeps. I’ve been wanting to go.

Loving the video @Virtual_Flannel - can you tell us a little technically about how you have connected the OP-1 to the rest of your setup?

Oto Machines Biscuit seems pretty sweet!

@Tarekith would you mind reposting the Octa transition demos?

Gracias dudes!

They’re still on YouTube :slight_smile:

Much appreciated @Tarekith !

@michalgarcia OP-1 goes into Octatrack which goes into Biscuit. I use the OP-1 for track mutes and shift+> to advance to the next part of the song or the next song. Octatrack handles the transitions and a couple FX. I pretty much just have a wank on the Biscuit. I run it into Ableton for mastering.

super cool! Can I ask how people go about building and getting a whole live set onto an OP1 as little loops and grooves to mess with? I’ve not really tried putting music from my computer into the op1 yet… Do you build the tracks up in something like ableton and transfer them, or is it a more fiddly procedure? I’ve got loads of back ups of small loops I’ve played with and be cool to combine onto the same tape.

wow, ACE man!! props on props! and that transition method for the OT is neat! brain melting and learning up in this thread

Really, really dig what you are doing with the device man…! Quality stuff.

Very nice! I forgot all about the biscuit!

super cool! Can I ask how people go about building and getting a whole live set onto an OP1 as little loops and grooves to mess with? I've not really tried putting music from my computer into the op1 yet… Do you build the tracks up in something like ableton and transfer them, or is it a more fiddly procedure? I've got loads of back ups of small loops I've played with and be cool to combine onto the same tape.

Hey! Indeed I did loop all may tapes up in Ableton and then tracked out back to the OP. Very tedious, but worth it! Thanks again for all the support and comments and stuff!

I woke up on Sunday morning after 5 hours sleep striving to understand how I can get my music into my DAW and edit it and also to begin learning more about making tracks on the Op-1, I’d love to be apart of these battles but I don’t know enough about it yet. I went to the beginning of the forums searching for useful info and then boom! This!!! Well, I just put my phone down on the pillow and lay still for the duration. My only complaint is that it’s TOO BLOODY SHORT!!!

Your sounds are terrific man! I DJ out here in Japan and the area I live would would dig your stuff. I’m looking forward to sharing your music with the Japanese people.
I doff my cap!

Many thanks @HisMostDarxxxellent regarding set time I was only given 20 mins, but it’s for the best, 30 mins with a live set like this is about my max. Difficult to sustain this kind of performance for say an hour! Thanks again homie!!!